Wednesday, March 11, 2015

When will I get my refund?


Where’s My Refund?

You can quickly check the status of your tax return and refund through “Where’s My Refund?

Taxpayers who have not yet received their refunds can use “Where’s My Refund?” on IRS.gov to find out about the status of your income tax refunds..  There is also a smartphone app available - IRS2Go 5.0.

Initial information will normally be available within 24 hours after the IRS receives the taxpayer’s e-filed return or four weeks after the taxpayer mails a paper return to the IRS. The system updates only once every 24 hours, usually overnight, so there’s no need to check more often.

So far this year, “Where’s My Refund?” has received more than 179 million hits on IRS.gov.

To use the service, you should have noted your Social Security number, filing status and exact refund amount before accessing Where’s My Refund?


IRS YouTube Videos
When Will I Get My Refund?:  English | Spanish | ASL


No comments:

Post a Comment